Monday, November 24, 2008

week 2 recording project.

So this week, I primarily worked on structure. I want to elaborate on what I said last week in class. Logic is a program in which most artists create their entire songs. It also is a semester course in music programs and therefore it is a very difficult program to become proficent at in 3 weeks. However with it's basic functions I am still able to do a lot of things. My structure consists of to melodies in the start of the song. The first piano, and the second bells. Then a three layer drum beat. Then follows bells. These elements of the song comes in and out with the versus and chorus to create a more dynamic song. As I said before as well, I am not very musically inclined so this form of producing is very foreign to me. Tonight I will be recording my vocals hopefully. This will allow the song to sound more complete. Being as I am still working with loops and repetitive sounds. I know I told you all that I will have live drums and piano, but with more carefully thinking, I feel that might make the song sound choppy. Working with synthetic sounds, I am not sure that live instruments will flow. However, it is is a possibility and will definitely still consider it. I will hopefully have more to layers tonight so I will wait to post the song until then. I hope you all enjoy it. d.

No comments: